The Iranian missile test last week apparently never happened and the video footage of said launch was actually from more than seven months ago, according to a report from Fox News. The Iranians claimed to have tested a missile capable of reaching Israel and carrying multiple warheads according to the Fars News Agency as reported earlier by The Mideast Update. But Fox News cited two American officials who said the footage of the supposed test was actually of another failed test earlier this year.
The Jerusalem Post later reported that Israel also said that their intelligence did not pick up any indication of a missile test launch. However, had the test been legitimate, as Iran claimed, Israel noted that it actually would have violated a United Nations resolution.
In a Twitter post after the alleged test but before the reports indicating it was faked, the Director General of Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Yuval Rotem, tweeted, “#Iran missile test violates UNSCR 2231. Iran is directly challenging intl community. Robust response is imperative.”
(By Joshua Spurlock, www.themideastupdate.com, September 28, 2017)